Wednesday 30 May 2012

S-A-S-Q-U-A-T-H

Yes, my favourite weekend of the year has once again come and gone.  I know a lot of you who read this blog were there with me, but if you weren't, here's a little update.

1. We listened to songs, we sang songs, we wrote songs.  Yes, I know the C is missing in S-A-S-Q-U-A-T-H, but it just doesn't fit. 

2. A good friend got arrested.  In the words of my favourite employer, "what a fucking gongshow!"  This turned a five hour drive home into a thirteen-hour ordeal, including a pre-trial hearing.  Yikes!  Behave yourselves in America, friends.  They take their shit seriously.

3. I saw a disgusting amount of amazing music.  I cried my eyes out at Bon Iver, thrashed at Nero, and tried to propose to several members of the Head and the Heartfun. did their adorable thing, Hey Rosetta! made Canada proud as usual, and SBTRKT made me want to move back to Australia stat.  Coeur de Pirate broke my heart, Girl Talk made me lose my mind, and Jack White seven-nation-armied the shit out of me.  There are about a million more, but my memory is drooling already.

4. I was stunned once again by the gorge.  The area's natural beauty is astonishing.  For once I find myself out of words.

5. I stayed 100% sober for all five days, you know me.  Hm, jk.

6. My ladies and I ran a perfect love nest.  I snuggled Rob, Rob snuggled Sashka, Sashka snuggled Jesi, Jesi snuggled Raq City (bitch).  "Good morning, world!"


plus my girls are really cute.

If you weren't there this year, I'll definitely see you there next year, right?  Down in the U-S-A, having a blast with your friends.  It's really the only way to live your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment