Friday 8 April 2011

I am, today, a series of impossible things.

 1. Finding honesty in writing is sometimes impossible.  I sink myself into words and images, I look for invisibility.  Sometimes I find myself trapped in illegitimacies, beautiful constructs held up by nothing.  I try to keep bones in my sentences, string sinews through the air of intangibility.

2. Snapshots of oceans, of lakes on windy days, sun reflecting on water.  My mind scatters across Canada, across the season.  I want to sprint down rocky beaches and laugh on the edge of the water.  Everything looks better in photographs, in still-frame memories.

3. Twinned images:

        I am an ellipses. I feel endless, I could cover the world.  

        I am arms stretched to the sky and feet gripping the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment