Saturday 9 April 2011

take five.

I was dragged, tonight, to my little brother's jazz festival.  I kind of hate jazz.  I think mostly because it's all that's ever playing in my house.  My bro recently conducted a facebook poll.  Option a was 'You like Jazz.'  Option b was 'You need Counselling.'  Sign me up for counselling, friend, 'cause that hot jazz ain't doin' the trick.

However.  I found myself kind of charmed this evening.  All these kids up there, rocking out with their saxophones and pianos.  Spencer says it's like he's on drugs when he plays the piano; people could be getting shot two feet away from him and he wouldn't notice.  There's some poetry in that, I think, and y'all know what a sucker I am for poetry.



These are not my little brother.  These are old men in Karachi.  But isn't it kind of badass?  Anyways.  Spencer won a ton of awards and I am kind of the glowing sibling.  Listen to some Jazz, people.  It might make you five hundred dollars in 'outstanding soloist' awards.


No comments:

Post a Comment