Monday 2 May 2011

omg elephants.

I love elephants more than anything, almost.  Okay.  I love them slightly less than I love milkshakes and yoga.  Milkshakes and yoga are my besties.  Anyways.  Elephants hold grudges forever, stick closely to their families, and have killer memories.  I am, essentially, an elephant.  They are especially beautiful when painted, which is apparently pretty common practice in some parts of the world.


1) After culling in Africa in the 70's and 80's, groups of elephants began attacking human villages.  Reasonable, I feel.

2) Elephants stay pregnant for 22 months at a time.

3) Elephants have been scientifically associated with a number of behaviours, including grief, musicality, art, altruism and compassion.

4) Groups of elephants are led by a matriarchal figure.  So progessive, those elephants.

5) "Wallowing is an extremely important behaviour in elephant society."  Mine too.  Also, bonus: elephants use mud as sunscreen.  Genius.

(everything I ever learned I learned from Wikipedia.)

No comments:

Post a Comment