Tuesday 18 December 2012

you have eighteen, I've got

I'm worn out, I can feel the bones in my lower back creaking against one another and under the library bathroom's fluorescent light, I just look tired.  I've written five exams and I have another tomorrow.

Last night I sat on my bed and I stared at the wall for thirty minutes.  I just wanted space to think and not think, drifting through daydreams and hazy half-lit ideas.  I stared at the wall for thirty minutes, and then I keeled over and fell asleep at 7.15.

My mind has completely retired, it's absenting itself from my body and abstaining from the vote.  I can't seem to corral my intellect into any kind of shape, it's drifting lazily on mental tides and washing against shores far distant from the contracts exam I have tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment