Monday 30 May 2011

notes on food.

1) Today I ate so many sausages at breakfast that it's now almost six and I still feel like I'm going to die.  They were spicy Italian sausages from this amazing Italian deli, though, and they were so worth it.

2) The best thing to drink, I think, is whiskey over three big ice cubes with a generous splash of club soda and a wedge of lime.  It's kind of like a deconstructed whiskey lemonade, which is a bit of a snotty thing to say.  I don't like the sugar, though, in a whiskey lemonade.

3) Sometimes I feel really good about avocados, and sometimes I don't.  There's this Mexican restaurant in town that does this avocado margarita, and it's just unreal.  It's barely sweet, and it has lime and avocado and cilantro.  It costs like ten dollars but you don't really need to eat anything else after it.

4) It is nearing the season for garden vegetables.  Right now all there is is asparagus unlimited.  I usually just boil it in an inch or two of water and then throw on some sharp cheese and pepper.  I think baking it might be a better route, but it's difficult to deviate from a recipe that takes three minutes, tops.

5) I am really excited for watermelon.  I am actually kind of worried for watermelon season, because then I will go into sugar overload and collapse.  My favourite thing to do is cut a watermelon in half and take it to the park with a pair of spoons and a friend.  I get half.  I don't like sharing.  I hear the thing to do is add alcohol to your watermelon, but I think I would rather have a drink and a watermelon in two separate pieces, you know?

this is what comes up when you google whiskey lemonade.  so, there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment