Tuesday 17 January 2012

please don't ever call me a ginger.

When did it become this hilarious thing to make fun of redheads?  It kind of sucks.  I guess it's supposed to be a joke, but it's hard to laugh when the joke is that you're a horrifying abomination.  Fuck you, I have soul and it's hurt. 

There are a million things that people say about redheads that become universally appalling when other groups are substituted in.  Jews don't have souls.  Friends don't let friends date blacks.  See?  You would never, ever say any of those things.  I realize that it's not quite a fair comparison - the historical treatment of redheads is hardly as horrifying as that of the aforementioned groups.  Regardless, the singling out and stigmatization of a particular group based on a genetic trait is never okay.

So I'm taking a stand.  I'm not going to pretend I don't care because that the cool thing to do, or whatever.  I do.  It sucks to be made fun of, okay?  Stop it, people.  Move on!  Find something to laugh at that doesn't involve anyone's feelings.



No comments:

Post a Comment