Saturday 21 July 2012

honesty is not the best policy

No, I'm not a crowd favourite, but I'll never be a crowd hatred either.  I'm extremely unpolarizing, the type that everyone keeps in the middle of their feelings, making no one crazy in a good way or in a bad way, either.  I'm a pretty wallflower wallpaper to the side noticeably unnoticeable and inoffensively unusual.

I'm the girl at the party that you caught up with but could never quite catch up to.  I'm not sure that you wanted to, anyways.  I'm the girl on the bike who is never quite here and can't wait to be there and I don't know where any of those places are anyways.  You maybe noticed me and noticed my normal abnormality, my average tallness and my once in a while hair.  I'm somewhere in the haze of your memory, not the shiny girl in the middle and not there in the dull outside either.

'It's complicated when you gravitate towards yourself, but that fact is that I've never needed anyone else.'  I keep myself on fire with a series of conversations and rhymes and non-stop talk.  I'm not alone enough to be a loner, not interesting enough to be one, either.  I'm the only person I understand and I think I only understand maybe the sparksnotes version of me, anyways.  I know there's a lot of universe here inside my ribcage and skull and some of it twinkles and winks and some of it is just vast and dark and sometimes cold and scary.




I really have no idea where I'm going, most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment