Saturday 5 November 2011

alphabets alphabets!

SO I'm reading Mindy Kaling's book 'Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?' and I really like it.  That being said, I have a tendency to subconsciously take on the stylings of a writer that I admire, especially one whose book engages in chatty stories about oneself.  Chatty stories about oneself are my specialty!  This is a bit of a problem as it ends with me writing stories in these weird stilted ways.  You should have seen the stories I was writing after I read David Sedaris.  Really embarrassing, is what I'm saying.  Anyways, if anything I'm writing sounds like a non-English speaker attempting witty repartee whilst drunk, I apologize.*

It's Saturday night.  I'm drinking Scotch by myself at the kitchen table while blogging and waiting for my yam and carrots fries to cook.  You might just call me popular, but then you'd be an outright liar.  Actually, I am very popular with many people in Kelowna, a few people in Norway, and at least one person in Minnesota.  These are real people that I know!  They even text me sometimes.

Anyways, this whole blog post / my whole life is basically an attempt to escape writing my personal statement for law school.  I need to write one in order to get into any school other than UVic.  I can be immensely stubborn, though, and I currently REFUSE to even look at what I need to write.  Can I distract you with some jazz hands?  I think that usually works on admissions officers.  ANYWAYS this blog post is about NOTHING so thanks for everything and that is all.

jazz hands jazz hands!


*If that's what I sound like all the time anyways, then I'm really really sorry, 


No comments:

Post a Comment