Tuesday 22 November 2011

on my mind.

Have you ever just had one of those days where everything goes wrong?  Today was the day I finally admitted to myself that my ipod is lost, that I broke my phone, and that I realized the meaning of relationship economics. 

The ipod and phone are both replaceable, but spending money on them sucks.  My ipod disappeared off the kitchen counter, which is really depressing because it means someone coming through my house stole it or someone I live with put it away somewhere and forgot.  The phone flew out of my pocket and smashed on the run I was on to try to chill out about the lost ipod, so essentially karma hates me.    

Relationship economics, meanwhile, are both totally real and total bullshit.  This applies to friendships and romantic relations and families and whatever else.  There's always a balance of power, and it always swings in favour of whoever wants less.  Know what I mean?  If you're the one always texting to hang out, you're probably not in a position of power in the relationship.  While it's nice when someone wants to spend time with you, we all this fucked up human thing where we want someone less the more they want us, you know?  We've all been there, with friends or boyfriends or whatever.  If someone gets sticky and needy, it's gross and irritating.  If they stay just on the far side of perfect, though, we spend hours obsessing over it. 

 Also, my feet got really wet when I went to buy a new phone.  Fuck.


courtesy of hyperbole and a half, as usual.



No comments:

Post a Comment