Sunday 16 September 2012

hey sorry

Look, all my posts lately have been about FEELINGS.  Ew who needs 'em!  I'm sorry!  I've actually been in a pretty good mood, too.  Maybe just thinking too hard, but then what's new.

I just re-read my summer goals list and I guess summer is pretty well over, isn't it?  I think there's a few days left of summer but I'm in school now, summer's over!  Au revoir, bitches!

Anyways clearly you're all dying to know how well I did on my list.  Here are the results.

Mean Vagina Bites never went to karaoke and I don't think we had a single champagne breakfast.  Girls!  What the fuck!

I did tell all the boys I like that I liked them and that went okay.  Fifty-fifty.  Drunk Jill shouldn't be allowed to make that decision.  I also did manage to swim in the lake ten million times.  In the end we had a very sunny summer and my tan lines prove it.

I can finally do full camel.  Maybe not now? But I could.  There was a time in the summer in which the bottoms of my feet and face were good friends.

I didn't write my number on anyone's arm, mostly because I don't fool around with that shit.  I did, however, make my own kombucha.  Someone buy me a scoby, please.

 I was myself.  One hundred percent.

I read all the novels.  Gary Shteyngart's Super Sad True Love Story, Jennifer Egan's A Visit From the Good Squad, Brady Udall's The Lonely Polygamist, David Mitchell's The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet and I promise a few more that I'm forgetting.

That last point - about all the great summer things and my girls - I think I did every one of them.  Ciders in Rob's yard, Mad Mango my life (veggiecurrynoriceplease), so many cherries and peaches and raspberries and blackberries, endless bike rides every single day.  It was an exceptional and beautiful summer.

Look, I'm really, really happy right now.  Everything in my life is coming up aces.  I'm in law school, I know only amazing people, and my roommate makes me laugh every second of every day.  "if I could package this and sell it," right?

Hey, come visit.

I took this picture this morning to encapsulate my hangover, but it just came out as a paean to how satisfied I am.  Look at that mug!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment