Wednesday 12 September 2012

what I thought about today part IV


Square your shoulders and look forwards, life right now is a possibility.  My heart and that ribcage you know so much about keep marching onwards even as I’m not sure where they’re going.  I’m still watching and kindling a semi-warmth after a long summer replete with flashes of ice.

Forget everyone around you, forget the imperative.  I know all I write about is my body, but right now I’m trying to forget about it and all of its questions and requests and live instead somewhere less earthly.

No one else cares how many people on facebook wished you happy birthday, no one else cares what colour you painted your nails.  The boy you like won’t notice you fishtailed your hair instead of braiding it, maybe no one will notice at all.  I hate to say it, but no one will be impressed you know all the words to the song and they don't care that you drink your coffee black.  If he doesn’t like you, your great handwriting isn’t going to change his mind.  If he doesn’t like you, there’s probably not much that’ll change his mind.  The tiny details of your life are only to delight the people that already love you, not to convince people to love you. Move on. 





No comments:

Post a Comment