Wednesday 5 September 2012

let's talk angst / all the things I thought about today part 2

Ah shit I'm in Victoria again. I'm pleased to be here.  I'm still feeling kind of flush, buying organic tomatoes and coffees out. I'll take another scotch and soda and roll that 5.50 off my shoulders.

I'm not upset when the barista makes me a chai latte instead of a chai tea.

Fitting into friends like dropping into place, it's too easy and too hard all at once.  Outgoing Jill makes friends like snapping fingers and quiet Jill (who's arguably a lot more like real Jill) is still just watching. 

Sitting on a giant bed in a big room with no furniture, pretending I know where I am or how I got here.  Forget poetry, all I'm writing these days is huge shapes.  Drawing an infinity symbol is somehow easier than words.

"good and bad" is not how things should be in a new relationship.


No comments:

Post a Comment