Friday 19 October 2012

sea of

Fuck, I'm in my twenties, indeed.

I spend my time flip-flopping between texting my best friend angstily about my love life and trying to take a perfect mirror photo of my centre part.  "Obsessed!"

I feel guilty when I feel dark and stormy, because clearly I have nothing to feel dark and stormy about.  Here's a rule: just because other people are sadder doesn't mean you can't be sad too.

I run to the bus every day.  I've yet to learn how to sit straight at my computer.

I'm part of a generation of communicators.  I find it insulting that anyone might think we don't connect anymore.  I'm constantly connecting with a network of people that I know I know I know and love.  If something defines us it's this, the mesh of discussions and half-thoughts and giggling fragments that flash across our phones and screens every day.

Fuck, I'm in my twenties.  I'm insulted that anyone might dare not to love me and simultaneously sure that no one does at all.  I'm every hour reassured with likes and hearts and even real life glances and also every hour breaking myself down and finding a thousand things wrong.

I'm used to getting what I want.



affirmation please



No comments:

Post a Comment