Thursday 15 December 2011

drinking is a terrible idea

Here are all of the things alcohol can lead to if you're me:

1. Usually yoga.  I think this is because part of my brain just sort of drifts off quietly.  It's the part that says "hey jill, it's not really that cool to show off how flexible you are to your fellow party attendees. It's actually kinda lame."  Without this particular part of my brain, I think everyone wants to see my backbends.  This leads to all of the athletic people at the party trying to go from standing to wheel which is actually kind of dangerous?  Anyways, my back is pretty sore now.  Thanks, caesars.

2. Losing everything I've ever owned.  I don't know where my phone is, and I left my toothbrush and my favourite necklace somewhere too.  Why is this?  I lose everything in the first place, so adding alcohol to the mix just makes it worse.

3. Hangogres.  This is new for me!  I never used to get hangovers at all, and now every time I try to drink to excess I get a stompy hang-ogre in my head.  This means the next day is dedicated to naps, coffee, and baths.  What a waste!

4. Personal stories.  I feel like we all do this and it's a classic.  You realize in the morning that you made absolute best friends with that girl from work who got hired last week and now she knows about your deepest and dirtiest secrets.  WHY.  Why do we all do this?  I think it's cause we fundamentally like to talk about ourselves, and alcohol just makes it easier to do that.  Loose lips sink ships, people!

5. Candy, ew.


No comments:

Post a Comment