Wednesday 29 August 2012

all the times I've felt like I was in a movie

How about every time I lean my head against the passenger-side window while someone else drives without speaking and just the right song is playing and rain drips against the glass and I look at the trees and buildings and people sliding by outside?

One time my first boyfriend wrote me a song and sang it to me in front of a large audience at church camp.

Sometimes at night when I'm cycling and there's no one on the road I ride right down the middle with both my arms in the air and I go as fast as I can.

Sitting side by side on the mountainside at night, watching the meteor shower and pretending to be a couple from another decade, from a long time ago.

I think of sitting at Bon Iver in tears, best friend by best friend by best friend holding sparklers to the sky.


No comments:

Post a Comment