Sunday 5 August 2012

the hotttest day in the world

It's Kelowna and it is incredibly hot.  What better use for a day like this than a list, right?!  I haven't done a list post in a while so here are JILLIAN'S SUMMER RECOMMENDATIONS

1. Listen to Robyn.  I'm having this serious electro house/dubstep phase and it's nice when I find something that both myself and my friends can be into.  Just electric enough and just poppy enough.  I'm also STILL playing Doomsday on repeat, because I'm so 2011.  Nero is playing in Kelowna tonight at a stupid festival and I'm bummed to be missing it but not bummed to be missing out on crowds of Albertans in fake tans and mirrored sunglasses.

2. Draw tattoos on yourself.  Ugh I'm sorry family, I think finger tattoos are so great.  Don't worry, I won't do it, but tempting right?



3. Bike around in a skirt, scandalize the world.

4. Don't be hungover for a change.  I got up this morning and went to yoga and it was beautiful.  I fricking love yoga and I just want to give a little shout out to Oranj.  I've been to a lot of different studios and nobody but nobody does it better than Sheila and her crew.

5. Make chocolate milk!  Secret that's not a secret at all: I am a chocolate milk crazy.  I think it might be my number one treat.  Duh chocolate milk powders and syrups and pre-mades are gross and full of sugar and god knows what else.  (You know I'm a food snob, right?) I felt really clever the other day for inventing cocoa powder+maple syrup+milk (all organic, duh) until I realized that people have been making hot chocolate the same way for like, ever.  Whatever, I'm still pleased I can have my favourite cold drink (mostly) guilt-free.

6. Stay balanced!  Whenever you falter just take a second to re-adjust.  You are who you are who you are.  Who cares if today's not perfect?  Tomorrow WILL be!

7. Remember who your friends are.  There's a 98.7% chance they can get you through anything.




No comments:

Post a Comment