Friday 10 June 2011

and then you get a snack after.

It's been a long day.  I had a presentation for a long-anticipated group project, which was a bit of headache.  I generally dislike working in groups on school projects.  Trusting other people to show up on time for meetings and put in the level of effort I do is sometimes a bit stressful.  Now that I'm finished with my perpetually disorganized and late group, I'm ready to spend the afternoon writing up the final report and breathe a sigh of relief.

The best antidote to a long day?  CBC Radio 2 and a drink like this one:

 1 oz. gin
6 oz. club soda
a wedge of lime
a bunch of cucumber slices
a whole bunch of ice cubes.

It's a really complicated and sophisticated recipe.  You put everything in a glass together.  It would probably be good with mint instead of lime, too.  Or mint and lime?!  Don't get too crazy!

Did I mention it's sort of hot and sticky out?  That's where the "whole bunch of ice cubes" is handy.


My project was on Colonial India, so this is actually a pretty thematic cocktail.

No comments:

Post a Comment