Saturday 30 June 2012

I remember every walk

It turns out I'm incapable of writing a post that isn't mostly in point form. I have an English degree! I have an honours English degree! I should really be able to write a post with a coherent structure, but no. Lists it is.

What do I want this post to be? A bit of everything, I think.

 Here are my favourite summer moments thus far:

1. Beach bonfire ft. Sangria cooler aka Sashka's birthday party. Let's talk boating with handsomes and beautifuls in the afternoon sun. Let's talk 12 different bottles of wine and three different types of juice in a cooler with so many blueberries. Let's talk old friends, new friends, forever friends, just now friends, and friends you've never met before. Let's talk about mistakes I don't quite regret.

2. Menhattan night. Menhattan is the plural of manhattan, right? Anyways, rye, sweet vermouth, and a maraschino cherry make for a cheerful jili, sean, and taye. The key is really good ice cubes and nice low ball glasses. There's nothing worse than a serious drink in the wrong glass, am I right?

3. Sicamous famjam. Autocorrect changed Sicamous to Sic Amours, which is kind of funny.  Sicamous means I get to spend the nights hanging out with cool b+b guests and drinking wine and the days making caterpillar habitats with the adorables.  Add in my aunt's kitchen skills and a stunning view?  I'm set for a weekend of Ritchie.

4. Sitting in Nicca's yard in the sun with every one of my girls, painting our fingernails and drinking berry mojitos.  Non-stop girl talk and super babes left right and centre.

5. Riding my bike down the Cawston bike corridor, through city park, and then down the Abbott bike corridor to get to work.  I am obsessed with bike paths set apart from the road.  They look so good and there aren't cars to crash into and they get people out on their bikes!  I love my bike one hundy.

6. Doing the splits in yoga on Thursday.

7. Crying and snuggling and holding out sparklers at Bon Iver.  Finding out later all my girls cried.  I really admire a singer who can make an emotional song feel real and present and current instead of like something they wrote four years ago and have sung thousands of times since.  See Yeah Yeah Yeahs, the. 

8. Every brief moment in the sun.  We've fought hard for our sun this summer, and I feel like the weather owes us a break for more than a day.  Nonetheless, I've had a few sun-drenched afternoons standing in the garden eating strawberries and thinking about the weeds.  I love the sun.


What are your all-star summer moments so far?


bon cryver.

No comments:

Post a Comment