Thursday 14 June 2012

sky blue perfect waves

This is the summer of yes. This is the summer of who the eff cares. This is the summer of telling people you like them, of staying up all night on the beach, of lazy sangria afternoons.

I've realized that this is quite possibly my last summer in my hometown, which is itself a glorious monument to the worship of summer and sun. We've got beaches and a lake and mountains and patios and wineries and gloriously long days. We've got music festivals and bike lanes and a seriously bumping summer party scene. Really, this last summer of mine here needs to be one of celebration and sun worship at the altar of the Okanagan. With that in mind, I've created a list of goals and plans for the summer. Are you in my girl army? Consider yourself included in these, if you are.

 1. Mean Vagina Bites needs to sing at Karaoke, okay? We'll squeeze some Yeah Yeah Yeahs or MIA in between all the Carrie Underwood and AC/DC. Let's make this girl band a reality, babies!

 2. I need to have at least five potluck champagne brunches. Girl team, assemble!

 3. I'm going to tell all the boys I like that I like them. (Yes, I might be boy crazy, but have you met my friends? Jesi/Nicca/Rob/Sashka.)

 4. I'm going to swim in the lake ten million times. Can it be sunny already?

 5. I'm finally going to be able to do full camel.

 6. I'm going to write my number on someone's arm. Always keep a pen in your bag, smart girl!

 7. I'm going to make my own Kombucha. My amazing mama makes it for me usually (she's a peach) but I am an independent woman! I can ferment my own tea, dammit!

8. I'm going to be bold and be the quiet bright culture-vacuum shower-singing yogi that I am. I'm going to quit pretending to be the sparkly party girl I sometimes try to be and instead be my own version of girl. Whatever, it's so lame to talk like this but I think it's really important. Quit aspiring to a vision of yourself that doesn't conform to who you actually are. Embrace your quirks, people.

 9. I'm going to read 10,000 novels. This is easy, I'm the biggest nerd. I love reading.

10. Finally, I'm going to do everything that Kelowna has to offer. I'm talking every single beach, late nights in every neighborhood, winery tours, carmelli's, my birthday (SNAKE JUICE), long bike rides through orchard country, eating cherries straight from the tree, drinking iced cherry hill coffee, sitting in Robyn's yard all day long, cute outfits for lunch downtown, trips to share, painting my fingernails with all my girls (like always), mad mango x 500, and sitting on someone's roof gettin' swervy.

 So. Let's make it happen, kittens. Join me in one of these things or all of them. Suggest a new goal or an addition to nĂºmero dix. I love you!




No comments:

Post a Comment